12 suggestions to strengthen immunity in cancer treatment
In addition to a quality and healthy life, diet can be effective in preventing important diseases such as cancer. A diet rich in vegetables and fruits, a non-smoking life, regular physical activity and maintaining a healthy body weight can reduce the development of cancer by up to 40%. Nutrition is also very important for patients undergoing cancer treatment. Dyt. from the Department of Nutrition and Diet. Berna Ertuğ made nutritional recommendations to strengthen the immune system of patients during the cancer treatment process.
A strong immune system is essential to protect against diseases!
The immune system is a highly complex system that includes many cells and organs. Thanks to this system, individuals are protected from cancer and many serious diseases. People with a healthy immune system are resistant to diseases. However, in the case of weakened immunity, even seemingly harmless microbial diseases can lead to vital losses.
What should be the right nutritional support during cancer treatment?
12 suggestions to be considered for a strong immune system will help protect the body from important diseases by increasing the quality of life.
- A healthy diet is essential for a strong immune system. Consuming natural foods prepared in healthy conditions in appropriate amounts creates a protective shield effect for the body.
- Raw vegetables and fruits have a disease-fighting effect. Vegetables and fruits help strengthen the immune system through the natural vitamins and other antioxidants they contain.
- Food hygiene is important. After washing the vegetables and fruits, they should be kept in vinegar water for 15 minutes and consumed.
- Adequate protein intake during the day is essential for a healthy immune system. It is very important to consume animal proteins and vegetable proteins in a balanced way.
- The protective effect of probiotics should be utilized. Foods such as yogurt and kefir play a role in the healthy functioning of the immune system elements in the gastrointestinal tract.
- Water is the source of life. Thanks to the salt and minerals in its content, sufficient water consumption during the day makes a positive contribution to the immune system.
- Freshly squeezed fruit and vegetable juices should be preferred instead of ready-made drinks..
- Adequate sleep is essential for health. Not only sleeping long enough, but also “quality” sleep is important for the healthy functioning of the immune system.
- Regular physical activities are necessary for body resistance.
- Being positive and laughing a lot gives healing to the body.
- You should not be in smoking environments. Not being exposed to cigarette smoke, even passively, is important for general body health.
- Ideal weight should be maintained. Excess weight can pave the way for diseases, and rapid weight loss weakens the immune system. Unconscious, rapid weight loss diets should be avoided.
How should cancer patients eat, what should they eat? Suggestions and alerts!
Cancer patients nutrition what should you pay attention to?
- Meals should also contain plant-based foods such as grains, beans, vegetables and fruits.
- For protein needs, it is necessary to consume fish, lean meat and chicken in one meal a day.
- Since dark colored items are rich sources of antioxidants, it is recommended to eat such foods frequently.
- In general, controlling weight with moderate amounts of food is the basic rule of healthy eating.
- It is necessary to eat at least 5 portions of seasonal fruits and vegetables every day.
- You should drink at least 2-3 liters of fluid per day.
- If there is diarrhea, it is necessary to avoid gas-producing foods such as dried beans, chickpeas, kidney beans, lentils, cauliflower and cabbage.
- If there are mouth sores and difficulty in swallowing, avoid sour and acidic juices such as tomato (sauce or juice), orange, lemon, grapefruit, raw vegetables, dry and hard foods (such as crackers, toast, bread crust), spicy, spicy and very Salty foods should be avoided.
- Raw meat products such as raw meatballs, raw pastrami and salami should not be consumed.
- Instead of frying and roasting, methods such as boiling, grilling or baking in the oven should be preferred.